Articles should be written using MS Word.
Manuscripts (including text, references, acknowledgments and figure captions) should be typed double-spaced, using 12 pt Times New Roman. More information about tables and figures is provided below. Please use British English spelling, grammar and style; we recommend setting the language as English UK in the text editor.
Geochemical Perspectives uses three levels of heading:
– BOLD CAPITALS size 16 pt (which will be formatted in colour by the typesetter)
– Bold normal size 14 pt (which will be formatted in colour by the typesetter)
– Bold normal size 12 pt (which will be formatted in colour by the typesetter)
In the text:
- Leave one empty line above and below each heading.
- Number headings as 1. then subheadings as 1.1 then sub-subheadings as 1.1.1
- Do not indent paragraphs (all paragraphs will be formatted appropriately by the typesetter). Leave one empty line between paragraphs.
- Use standard SI units. Use units without punctuation and with appropriate spacing (leaving one space between the unit and the quantity), thus: 7 kJ mol-1, 25 °C.
- Define terms in mathematical equations. Use symbols compatible with journals commonly used by geochemists (American Mineralogist, Canadian Mineralogist, Chemical Geology, Earth and Planetary Science, Mineralogical Magazine, Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta or Clays and Clay Minerals).
We follow the recommendations of the International Mineralogical Association regarding mineral nomenclature. See recommendations.